We, the congregation
of Joy Tabernacle Christian Ministries, have a great empowerment
of the Holy Spirit upon us. The same power gives us strength and
courage to reach out to those who do not go to church.
- We will have the proper facilities to meet
their needs and the needs of the congregation.
- We will build a New Church of quality and
beauty for all people.
- We shall obtain land for our schools, drug
rehabilitation center, community and family crisis center, our
shelter, low income housing and senior citizens complex
- We launching out into the deep, resulting
in a mighty increase in our membership.
Thank God for supplying us with the resources
and the people needed to accomplish The Vision.
On Christ, The Solid Rock, We Stand!
As members of the body of Christ, God has required
us through love and unity to commit body, mind, soul and will
- Becoming living
examples of Christianity
- Recruiting and making
- Preaching and teaching the Gospel to all
men that sinners may come into the knowledge of a forgiving
Savior and experience the power of the Holy Spirit.
Our Statement of Faith
The fundamental teachings of this church are
reflected in the following statements:
- We believe in the inspiration of the accepted
canon of scriptures are originally given. The scriptures are
the sole and final authority for all matters of faith and conduct.
(2 Tim. 3:16, 1Cor. 2:13)
- We believe in the Eternal Godhead who has
revealed Himself as One God existing in three Persons, Father,
Son and Holy Spirit, distinguishable but indivisible.
(Matt. 28:19, 2Cor. 13:14)
- We believe in the creation, test and fall
of humanity as recorded in Genesis; our total spiritual depravity
and inability to attain Divine Righteous.
- We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, the
Savior of all humankind, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born
of the Virgin Mary, very God and very man.
(Luke 1: 26-36; John 1:14-19; Isa.
7: 14; 9:6)
- We believe Christ died for our sins, was
buried and rose again the third day and personally, appeared
unto His disciples. (1Cor 15:1-4,
Rom 4: 25)
- We believe in the bodily ascension of Jesus
into Heaven, His exaltation and personal, literal and bodily
coming again the second time for His church.
(John 14: 2-3; 1 Thes. 4: 13-18)
- We believe in the salvation of sinners saved
by grace through repentance and faith in the perfect and sufficient
work of the cross of Calvary by which we obtain remission of
(Eph. 2: 98-9; Heb. 9: 12, 22; Rom. 5: 11)
- We believe in the necessity of water baptism
by immersion in the name of The father, Son and Holy Ghost and/or
the name Jesus in order to fulfill the command of the Lord Jesus
(Matt 28: 19, Acts 2: 34-36; 19: 1-6)
- We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit
as a real experience at/or subsequent to salvation.
(Acts 2: 1-4, 8: 14-17, 10: 44-46, Gal. 3: 14-15)
- We believe in the operation of the gifts
of the Spirit as enumerated in (
1 Cor. 12-14 and Rom. 12) as manifested in the early
- We believe in the spirit-filled life, a
life innocent of worldliness and ever perfecting holiness in
the fear of God as expressing the true Christian faith.
(Eph 5: 18, 2 Cor. 6: 14, 7: 1)
- We believe in the lifestyle of social justice
advocacy that speaks truth to power, empowers the broken and
invites victim and violator to live under the authority of God.
(Prov. 31: 9, Amos 5: 24; Luke 4:
- We believe in the table of the Lord, commonly
called the Holy Communion, the Lord's Supper or the Eucharist
for believers. (1 Cor 11: 28-32,
Matt. 26: 26-28)
We believe that there is one true universal
church made up of genuine believers, but this one universal church
is also composed of many local churches in given localities. These
churches are under the sovereign headship of Christ, administering
all its local affairs and ministry, as well as the propagation
of the Gospel. (Acts 15:22, Matt 16:18,